Posted to sci.electronics.repair
R.Smith R.Smith is offline

Default Eyegonomic 15" monitor

"James Sweet" wrote in message
news:MmlUj.7725$0L.5375@trnddc07...

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"R.Smith" wrote:

"R.Smith" wrote in message
Anyone any experience of these? Its circa 2003 and has various
controls marked on the fascia beneath an overall glass screen,
including an on/off switch symbol. From this configuration I
assume that they are touch controls. On powering up, the screen
actually displays beautifully, but none of the touch controls do
anything. It seems that the Eyegonomic company has vanished. At
power up the screen does briefly display a Samsung logo. Any help
or advice on this beast would be greatly appreciated.
I guess thats a "No" then............

You might ask on one of the Mac groups...

About a Samsung monitor?

I haven't dealt with one of those personally, but a good place to
start is figuring out how the touch sensing works.

Right, that is what I am after. As there are apparently no embedded
wires/leds around the glass etc I am assuming its some sort of
capacitive or inductive sensing. Not had it opened yet. BTW I have it
plugged in to a Compaq laptop just to test it. Do you know if there
was something specifically different with the video connector on the
Mac? (Just wondering why they were marketed to Mac users.) They were
about 450 UKP when new, so quite high-end I think.