Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Mannix Bob Mannix is offline

Default CH motorised valves gripe

"spamlet" wrote in message
om...
A cautionary tale for those investigating probs with their central heating:

A couple of years ago I finally tracked down a problem that had had

snip tale of woe

I have had systems in two houses with Honeywell three way valve actuators,
up to ten years old. Never had a problem with the micro switches. Have had a
number of motors fail though. Always at an inconvenient time. Solved that by
buying an extra motor - never went wrong after that! After all the switches
only operate, say, 10 times a day , shouldn't be a problem. Certainly the
motor problem has been posted here several times but I don't recall hearing
about microswitch problems until now.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)