Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Sprinkler System Problem

"BobR" wrote in message
Moved into an older home a couple years ago with an existing sprinkler
system. It has never worked correctly and I am trying to get the
system back into shape. Just replaced the backflow valves and got the
system to partially work but can not leave the water and the timer
on. It appears that one of the valves is stuck open or partially open
which allows one of the stations to run even when the station is off.
I know that I need to replace the station valve but I can't find the
damn thing.

I acquired an old RF signal generator which will generate a signal in the AM
radio band with an audio tone on it. I used that to put a signal on a
underground wire, and an AM radio to follow the wire.