Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default Electrical problems

On Wed, 07 May 2008 19:15:27 -0400, Mikko Peltoniemi
wrote:

So I was on the computer, then all of a sudden I hear BOOM, like an
circuit breaker tripping, and everything went quiet. The computer
was off.

I took a peek in the electrical panel, but no circuit breakers had
tripped. Odd, I thought. But I still didn't have electricity to
my computer.

Breakers don't really go boom, it could be a mouse or squirrel eating
into the wire.

You should check closely in the bathroom. Bathrooms have GFCI
receptacles. They have a reset button on them.

Other oddball ideas that came to my mind was that maybe those particular
outlets and lights were connected to my neighbor's circuit.
Could this be, or is it totally out of the question?

Could happen, but not likely. You could ask your neighbor if they
lost power.