Posted to alt.home.repair

Default indoor waterfall.. .make louder...

On Wed 07 May 2008 04:03:53p, told us...

i have purchased a harmony stone table top relaxation fountain.

It doesn't work like i expected.. and there is no contact informtion
on the box... so i can ask questions.. like how to make the water
sound more trickly.. and make more noise...\

right now it is dead silent...

is it rock placement? on the bottom of the box all it says is
walmart... no numbers.. nothing...
please help... jon

here is a link to what it looks like...

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hsh/672090262.html

I've not seen this one in operation, but we have owned several different
types of indoor tabletop water type units. I can tell you that none I know
of are meant to create the sound of rushing water or splashing, tumbling
water, as one might find with an outside fountain. If they did, you'd find
water in a lot of places you wouldn't want it.

If the pump is adjustable (some are not), then the best you can do is try
increasing the flow until you get the desired effect. It may not happen.
Then gain, it may. Rock placement won't play a large part in the resulting
sound, although it will obviously change the directioni of flow.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Wednesday, 05(V)/07(VII)/08(MMVIII)