Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
syoung syoung is offline

Default 1/8" or smaller drill bits

P.J.Leon wrote:
Wes explained :
P.J.Leon wrote:

I'm looking for 1/8" or smaller drill bits 18" long or longer,anybody
knows a supplier? thanx

Just curious, but how fast do you plan on spinning it? That is going
to be
very whippy. You planning on some sort of intermediate guide bushings?

Google critical speed. Going to be even worse since you are pushing
on it
in order to drill.

Wes

I want to use these bits for reference drilling.Some times I have to run
telco and network wiring between floors.I have 1/4"x18" wood bits but
they leave a good size hole on the floor.As you see,wood is the material
that I have to drill thru.I found a place that sells drill blanks that
are even smaller than 1/8.

When I installed floor registers in my first ever job we used wire coat
hangers - all job sites have some. Just straighten one out, cut end off
with diagonal cutters to make a crude drill tip. We drilled through 3/4"
oak flooring on 3/4" plywood decking with amazing ease. You have to
guide the tip into the wood.