Posted to misc.consumers.house
[email protected] MediaMoet@gmail.com is offline

Default Wrapping Window Trim

Azek works for this application and doesn't need paint, unless you
want a specific color. Sherwin Williams has a vinyl safe paint that
goes from light to dark colors.--moet
Bill wrote:
Are you satisfied with your windows? If not, do not cover the trim. That
way in the future you can replace the window without removing the siding.
If you are OK with your windows, do what ever looks best.
Good way to see the contractors work, is to ask to look at what they have
already installed.
That way, you man or may not even notice the things you are asking about.
my2cents.

The few examples of this I have seen did not look so good. I could see
the mitre joint in the aluminum. Also, if I get the fascia wrapped, one
contractor said it might not look good because of the size ( 1x10) would
cause some waviness.

IMHO, at least based on the 2 or 3 houses where I have seen it (including
this one), wrapping fascia is a BAD idea. When (not if) water gets behind
the wrap, it will rot the wood out, and maybe even the rafter tails. If
you must wrap, make sure they have weep holes at the low point, every few
feet.

I wonder ifTrexor similar would work for fascia boards?

Some have recomended Azek, which will require painting, since it only comes
in white.- Hide quoted text -