Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.basics
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Surge / Ground / Lightning

On Mon, 05 May 2008 19:21:16 +0300, Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:
Ο "Tantalust" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
. ..
"NB" wrote in message
Who is W_TOM and why has he appeared in every single thread that has
contained those keywords since 2001???

He an obsessive-compulsive disorder victim, apparently driven by some kind
of bizarre fetish involving ground rods.

What kind of ground rods? I prefer steel core, copper clad ones:-) I even
have the special heavy hammer

I saw one in one of the "Popular this-n-that" mags, that used a piece of
copper pipe, with a hose fitting on the end. You point the pipe at the
ground, turn on the hose, and the water digs its hole for it. Then, you
can take the hose fitting off, cap the pipe, and have a pretty decent
ground stake.

Maybe it was one of the ham mags.

Cheers!
Rich