Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Stuart & Kathryn Fields Stuart & Kathryn Fields is offline

Default (mini gloat) Here come da JUDGE!

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Wed, 7 May 2008 08:21:53 -0700 (PDT), rigger wrote:

On May 6, 1:16 pm, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
rigger fired this volley in
:

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm

I think I would agree completely with everything that guy said except
for
one thing, and that's the utility of a shot round for personal defense.

It's completely true that you won't knock down an assailant with .410
shot. But in a hot situation, a face shot with .410 bird shot is going
to be almost as distracting as a slug in some non-lethal area. If
nothing else, it's a "just scream some till I run away" shot.

The benefit is not that you'll permanently disable him, but that you
cannot miss without trying. With #7-1/2s at 10 yards, the pellets were
about 2-1/2" apart, on average. There's a high likelihood you'll get at
least one of them in his eye.

I keep four Gold Dot flying ashtrays and one .410 with #7 in the wheel,
set up so the slugs go first. I've got four tries to drop the guy, then
one sure bet to distract him for a few seconds. That feels like a nice
complement to me. (besides, I'm gonna drop him & save the shot for the
no-legged snakes G)

LLoyd

(besides, I'm gonna drop him & save the shot for the
no-legged snakes G)

Good idea. I understand, in addition to snakes, it's
also good for rats and skunks. ;-)

dennis
in nca

That means it will work on politicians.

Gunner

No gunner. BS absorbs energy like mad and politicians are known to be major
BS carriers. What is required for politicians is a fast moving rat with a
bag of votes tied around his neck. Professional courtesy as well as a
strong need will require that the politician follows the rat, or am I being
redundant?