Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_2_] Gunner[_2_] is offline

Default (mini gloat) Here come da JUDGE!

On Wed, 7 May 2008 08:21:53 -0700 (PDT), rigger wrote:

On May 6, 1:16*pm, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:
rigger fired this volley in news:956ddb75-0368-4c65-a608-
:

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm

I think I would agree completely with everything that guy said except for
one thing, and that's the utility of a shot round for personal defense.

It's completely true that you won't knock down an assailant with .410
shot. *But in a hot situation, a face shot with .410 bird shot is going
to be almost as distracting as a slug in some non-lethal area. *If
nothing else, it's a "just scream some till I run away" shot.

The benefit is not that you'll permanently disable him, but that you
cannot miss without trying. *With #7-1/2s at 10 yards, the pellets were
about 2-1/2" apart, on average. *There's a high likelihood you'll get at
least one of them in his eye.

I keep four Gold Dot flying ashtrays and one .410 with #7 in the wheel,
set up so the slugs go first. *I've got four tries to drop the guy, then
one sure bet to distract him for a few seconds. *That feels like a nice
complement to me. (besides, I'm gonna drop him & save the shot for the
no-legged snakes G)

LLoyd

(besides, I'm gonna drop him & save the shot for the
no-legged snakes G)

Good idea. I understand, in addition to snakes, it's
also good for rats and skunks. ;-)

dennis
in nca

That means it will work on politicians.