Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tile Adhesive

A.Lee wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Thomarse wrote:
Can anyone recommend a decent wall tile adhesive for use in a
bathroom. I want to use waterproof adhesive, but unsure what to go
for. Obviously I dont wantto spend over the odds, but I want a
quality product. I looks at the wickes range, which seems
reasonably priced, anyone ever used it or have an opinion?

I use the Wickes stuff - never had a problem with it. Best use a
specific grout though, the combined adhesive/grouts don't grout well.

Which I have found out through an error this week.
I had a bathrrom to do, with a mosaic layer of 3 ~1" square tiles half
way up the wall. I tried one, and it was a pain to do with the normal
cement, as the grey cement pushed through the backing net, and made a
mess, so I bought a tub of combined grout/cement in white, and used
that.
No problem with the mosiacs, which stayed white through the gaps.
I had some left, and instead of mixing up my usual Mapei grout,
thought I'd finish off the grout/cement tub.
It went on OKish, a little stiff for grouting for my liking, but once
sponged down, it looked OK.
That was until the next day, where every joint was now in a 'V' shape
with mulitple pinholes.

Pinholes are exactly the problem I've had Alan.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk