Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Tile Adhesive

In article
,
Thomarse wrote:
Can anyone recommend a decent wall tile adhesive for use in a
bathroom. I want to use waterproof adhesive, but unsure what to go
for. Obviously I dont wantto spend over the odds, but I want a quality
product. I looks at the wickes range, which seems reasonably priced,
anyone ever used it or have an opinion?

I've just tiled my bathroom - a mixture of plaster on brick and
plasterboard - and used Homebase 'waterproof'. Which of course isn't
waterproof in the sense you can use it for a swimming pool - but is ok for
showers, etc. I used it because it was on special offer - 100% extra free.
When I ran out one time I got some Wicks stuff that said 'waterproof' and
the tiles on plasterboard fell off. Only then did I read the instructions
and it said not suitable for porcelain tiles. Not quite sure what the
difference is - apart from weight.

--
*Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.