Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C Pete C is offline

Default paint peeling off walls

On May 6, 7:54*pm, "SamanthaBooth" wrote:

Would some kind of polyseal help to cover up the missing paint etc. It isnt
deep enough really to warrant using filler. But does anyone know of a
solution or product I can use to make it look better.

Does the existing paint have a texture or is it fairly smooth? If the
latter it gives you a much better chance of success, as there won't be
a marked change between previous and newly filled bits.

I'd try a sample with ready-to-use '1 part' plain white wood filler
and a sanding block, if a _little_ water is added to the filler it
makes it easier to spread thinly.

Also I found shining a torch on the wall at a low angle helps show up
any uneveness round the edges of the filled patches

For doing a lot of this a random orbital sander connected to a hoover
is the way to go, a long washing machine outlet hose duct taped to the
sander and hoover makes things easier.

cheers,
Pete