Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pyriform Pyriform is offline

Default Dumb question about skirting board...

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"Pyriform" writes:
Is there a standard gap to aim for between the bottom of the
skirting board and the floor? I'm assuming there should be some kind
of gap to tuck the edge of the carpet under, but articles I've seen
about fixing skirting don't seem to mention it...

There's no gap. Where you see one, it's because the floor has dropped.

The carpet is stretched onto a gripper which is spaced just far enough
from the skirting board to tuck/wedge the carpet edge down the gap.

Ah, thanks for that. That leads me neatly on to my dumb next question, which
is about carpet grippers! I'll start a new thread to keep everything tidy.