Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Phil is offline

Default wet room - how to?

On 6 May, 18:21, freepo wrote:
It's a downstairs (ground floor) loo with a concrete floor, tiled
walls. *Currently there is a loo in the corner, which may or may not
be moved depending on the design of the wet room and whether it is
necessary or not. *The loo has an outflow which goes vertically down
into the concrete.

Actually I just remembered I have bought a new bathroom suite and the
new loo has a horizontal outflow, I had decided to move the loo and
have the outflow going out through the wall.

There is also a sink in the other corner.

But anyhoo, the point is, how do you design and construct a wetroom
from this starting position because the drain for the wetroom will
have to be embedded into the concrete floor.

Same goes if I have a posh stone shower tray installed, I don't want a
shower tray on legs, I want a shower tray that sits directly onto the
concrete floor. So I have to dig out a channel into the concrete?

How do you do this without damaging the DPM?
And what do you do if you do damage the DPM?

cheers

Isn't the whole point of a wetroom that you don't have a tray?