Posted to alt.home.repair
cybercat cybercat is offline

Default Ruud AC Unit Not Cooling

"Telstra" wrote in message
The Unit has an Auto re-set Low presure control and loss
of refrigerant charge would cause it to continually stop and
start or short cycle.
It also has a manual re-set High pressure control and loss
of the condenser fan would cause this to stop and lock out
the Unit.
The Unit is 12 years old and if you think of it as a car is it
worth replacing defective parts or is a new model a better
investment. Older models use Refrigerant R22 which is due
to be phased out. New models use Puron ( R410A ). It's a
matter of paying your money and making your Choice

Thanks, very good information. I know we need a new one, I
would just like to put off the expense for a little bit.