Posted to alt.home.repair
BobR BobR is offline

Default Sprinkler System Problem

On May 6, 6:40*pm, "Pat" wrote:
Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can find the remaining two
valves without destroying the entire yard in the process? *I found the
third valve when digging up and replacing one of the flower beds. *Oh
yes, the damn power cord for the system is also buried under the
patio.

You can rent a locater. *Just hook it up to the wire that goes to the valve.
Then wave the receiver over the ground to locate the wire.

That sounds like a workable solution. I saw one of those used for
locating the water line coming into the house and the sewer line too.
The units they used had a line they inserted into the pipes and then
followed it. I didn't know there was one that might follow an
existing electrical line. I will check out the local rental center to
see if they have one.

Thanks,