Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Ruud AC Unit Not Cooling

refrigerant is used in a/c systems. and is called things like r-12, r-22,
r-134a, r-410 ect. sometimes wrongly called freon.

coolant is used in internal combustion engines to cool them. called things
like antifreeze, ethelyene glycol, etc.

steve

"cshenk" wrote in message
"S. Barker" wrote

home units have changed refrigerants, (not coolant) but the old r-22 is
still used and still available. Beware of misinformation.

My bad if i used the wrong term. Can you explain the difference between
refigerant and coolant? All I know is in *my area* the old stuff is
barely obtainable. My system though is far older than hers.

I am checking prices as sometime in the not too distant future, we will
need to replace the AC portion. It's actually older than such units were
rated for at the time.