Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Ruud AC Unit Not Cooling

home units have changed refrigerants, (not coolant) but the old r-22 is
still used and still available. Beware of misinformation.

"cybercat" wrote in message
. com...

"cshenk" wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote

Last year the thing stopped cooling. The fan blows fine, but it is just
not very cool. We have NOT had the thing serviced yearly as the
manufacturer suggests, but have been good about changing filters under
the house.

12 years old right? It may need coolant but I cant recall if thats just
before they changed the type or not. If it predates the new stuff, you
will want to check prices for replacement as you may not be able to get
the old style much longer at all.

Thanks! I will do that. I had no idea about them changing types. I guess
you can't
add coolant to the new type?