Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.basics
w_tom w_tom is offline

Default Surge / Ground / Lightning

On May 6, 10:22 am, Eric wrote:
I can attest to vhf/uhf content in lightning strikes. I worked for a
communications outfit. We owned and maintained a number of comm sites
with towers and antennas. One strike on an antenna destroyed the LDF rf
cable all the way to the polyphaser at the bottom of the tower.

Eric notes damage only up to the earthed Polyphaser protector.
Polyphaser is legendary among professionals who install effective
protection. Polyphaser is blunt about what provides protection - why
their products are so effective. Polyphaser protectors are earthed.
Polyphaser application notes repeatedly discuss what their products
must connect to; what provides protection: earth ground:
http://www.polyphaser.com/technical_notes.aspx