Posted to alt.home.repair
cybercat cybercat is offline

Default Ruud AC Unit Not Cooling

Hi folks!

No-nothing type here, trying not to get hoodwinked by the AC guys coming out
tomorrow. Any help in understanding the issues at hand is much appreciated.

The unit is a RUUD Acheiver 10 "SCRO11 Inside" is what one of the labels
says. We bought the house ten years ago, and the inspector said the unit was
about 2 years old at that time. The house has 2200 square feet, well
insulated, all finished.

Last year the thing stopped cooling. The fan blows fine, but it is just not
very cool. We have NOT had the thing serviced yearly as the manufacturer
suggests, but have been good about changing filters under the house.

We don't want to replace the system yet, if we can avoid it.

Do any of you have any experience that might help me know what to expect?

Thanks.