Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How should I store pressure treated wood?

"dpb" wrote in message ...
stratford1 wrote:
Ok, thanks everyone for the advice. Following up on what some of you
have said... This is an entryway deck so although we wont be on it
barefoot (at least originally), should we be concerned about tracking
in any chemicals from the boards? Our plan is to eventually stain the
deck...will this sufficiently seal in the chemicals? We dont have any
kids now, but could eventually - and overall I'd rather not have toxic
stuff exposed regardless. Also how should we address the toxic nature
of these boards with the philosophy that the deck should be left
untreated (unstained) for a year to let it breathe? Is there a good
way to deal with toxic boards for a year? Sorry for all the questions
on this...I'm a little caught by suprise on this - I was under the
assumption originally that PT decking was sort of the standard. Its
starting to sound like more hassle than its worth. Ideas?

My personal opinion is the "problem" is far overblown to the severity of
the disease.

I could be convinced. Show me your sources of information, please.