Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
John Gilmer John Gilmer is offline

Default New Evaporator Coils necessary for new Condenser ?

I would suggest that you get a properly matched system from and have it
installed by a *COMPETENT*, licensed, insured, professionally trained HVAC
technician. and don't walk, but run away from those two companies.

You might still be able to get an R-22 instalation done. We had a
compressor failure a few years ago and our HVAC just replaced the outside
unit for less than $2000. It's only a 5 year guarantee but the man who did
the work is very good and very careful.

If you can't just replace the "outside unit" and/or your HVAC isn't up to
just replacing the compressor you may be stuck with replacing just about
everything but the thermostat and the blower housing.