Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default What voltage on ATX Power Good Line?

wrote:

I think I have a bad PC power supply. It turns on and runs but the
attached motherboard will not operate.

After testing some other known-to-work power supplies, I think that
the power good line on the supply in question is not working. Other
working supplies put out +5VDC on this line while this supply puts out
nearly nothing.

I just need to confirm that +5VDC is what should appear on the power
good line. Googling around hasn't provided any good info on this.

Thanks in advance!

William

Short of a defective PG detection circuit, it's very possible you could
have some weak caps that are not totally filtering correctly and the
circuit see's a little switching noise.

--
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"