Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default paint peeling off walls

SamanthaBooth wrote:
I have just removed the wallpaper and lining paper from two rooms.
Under it all someone has painted the walls, all of them partition
walls and they look like cardboard to me. Very soft walls and easily
damaged. I dont know the material used.
However some of the paint has peeled off and I tried a watered down
coat of paint on them today to see what it would look like and its
very noticable. There are lots of areas, albeit only small, where the
paints come off and its down to the board.

Would some kind of polyseal help to cover up the missing paint etc.
It isnt deep enough really to warrant using filler. But does anyone
know of a solution or product I can use to make it look better.

Thanks again

It's plasterboard that hasn't been plastered and you are now seeing one of
the reasons why it's a bad idea to tape and fill rather than plaster a PB
wall - the other major PITA is trying to strip wallpaper from a wall like
yours, put up by some innocent ignoramus who didn't realise that the wall
would now require demolishing should anyone down the line decide that they
wanted to change the decor.

Get it plastered, anything else is a botch.