Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.basics
[email protected] phil-news-nospam@ipal.net is offline

Default Surge / Ground / Lightning

In alt.engineering.electrical bud-- wrote:
| wrote:
| In alt.engineering.electrical bud-- wrote:
| |
wrote:
| | In alt.tv.tech.hdtv bud-- wrote:
|
| | | w_' professional engineer source says 8 micoseconds with most of the
| | | spectrum under 100kHz.
| |
| | Even with 1 nanosecond rise time, most of the energy will be present in
| | the spectrum below 100 kHz. That means nothing when the surge is strong
| | enough to have energy above some frequency that is relevant to the whole
| | system involved that can do damage. That frequency might be 100 Mhz for
| | some thing, and 1 GHz for other things.
| |
| | Still missing - your source. Nanosecond risetime. 100MHz spectrum.
|
| Observation. Of course this is a concept you cannot understand.
|
| Observation proves flying saucers and magic.
|
| Without supporting sources it is Phil's Phantasy Physics.
| Where is a source that supports your belief in nanosecond risetimes and
| 100MHz spectrum?

Since you seem unwilling to just discuss technical aspects of things, I have
to conclude that you simply do not understand what it is you read and quote.
Too many times you quote out of context. I don't know where that is because
you are trying to be manipulative or simply on account of ignorance. There
is that old sayind "Do not ascribe to malice that which can be explained by
ignorance". I don't know if I should follow it's advice.

There is no point in spending the effort to find some quotable source because
you wouldn't know what to do with it. How could you possibly comprehend what
I would give you if you can't even comprehend what you post.

After this round of followups, I'm done with this thread and I'm done replying
to you. If curing your ignorance is in your future, it will have to be from
someone else.

--
|WARNING: Due to extreme spam, I no longer see any articles originating from |
| Google Groups. If you want your postings to be seen by more readers |