Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.basics

Default Surge / Ground / Lightning

Jitt wrote:

In article ,
says...

I wonder why, since electrical codes in North America
and Britain require a ground connection at each outlet;
computer power cords are 3 wire?

(snip)

hot neutral ground

I suppose I phrased the question badly. I wonder why a surge
would wander around looking for ground, when its available
in the box!

They don't discriminate. They look for every possible path to
ground.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Use any search engine other than Google till they stop polluting USENET
with porn and junk commercial SPAM