Posted to rec.woodworking
randyswoodshoop randyswoodshoop is offline

Default Reasons for not using cedar in furniture

On May 5, 11:40*pm, DanielMatt wrote:
Was curious as to some opinions about using cedar to make furniture. *I was
taught that it wasn't generally a good idea, but I wanted some other
opinions and/or concurrence. *I don't really remember the reasons I was
given, which is another reason I'm asking :P

But anyway, I'd love to hear from you guys about it...

I would only use cedar on out door projects and even then , I have
switched to Cypress or even oak,
In doors I would never use cedar unless I was linning a blanket chest
or a closet, but then it would only be a linner
Thats my 2 cents

Randy
http:nokeswoodworks.com