Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default Those 60 minute makeovers

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
cerberus wrote:

I've noticed though on these programs that they tend not to do any

close-ups
+ on the closing shots the cameras tend not to linger too long!

I wonder whether these makeovers are backed by any warranties & would the
homeowners recommend them to their families & friends ;-)

I wonder exactly how close to the supposed 60 minutes they
actually work?

I glimpsed a bit of one a few weeks ago which included a
conservatory. I didn't see how they explained the foundation
slab for it being in place before work started.

Are you ure about the conservtory? as far as I know in that 60MM show
construction work is not allowed? ie fitting of kitchen
cabinets,wallpapering,painting,general small handyman DIY is all thats
supposed to happen.

As to the one I saw a couple of days ago they just shoved the washing
machine in the hole without connecting the H&C pipes.
They brought it straight in from the outside and plonked it in the cupboard
area.