Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Those 60 minute makeovers

cerberus wrote:

I've noticed though on these programs that they tend not to do any close-ups
+ on the closing shots the cameras tend not to linger too long!

I wonder whether these makeovers are backed by any warranties & would the
homeowners recommend them to their families & friends ;-)

I wonder exactly how close to the supposed 60 minutes they
actually work?

I glimpsed a bit of one a few weeks ago which included a
conservatory. I didn't see how they explained the foundation
slab for it being in place before work started.

Talking of makeovers, did anyone see Grand Designs Today in which
a well-loved old chesterfield was subjected to "Pimp my sofa"?

The end result was a hideous riot of dayglo, and the couple
rejected it in favour of vouchers for £150, the original cost.

An "expert" then valued it at £3.5k to £5k. One of those
responsible for the work explained that this was due to
"popularity". I could only assume, as English was not her first
language, this was not what she was really claiming. :-)

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.