Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Mueller Nick Mueller is offline

Default Trepanning and Parting Off - Loose Gibs Chatter Chips

Wes wrote:

I was planning on spinning by hand until some one told me the cure time is
long.

Put it in the oven. :-)
I once must have gotten the mixture wrong (not enough hardener) and it still
was soft after two days. As I didn't want to start all over again, I cured
it at 50°C for 4 hours. That fixed the problem. :-)

You'll also need a high resolution scale. Mine has 0,1 g, the 0,5g is
useless. Because I often only needed 20g or so (about 10ccm, IIRC). 1mm of
thickness of the coating is enough and saves some money.

Nick
--
The lowcost-DRO:
http://www.yadro.de