Posted to misc.consumers.house
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Wrapping Window Trim

Bill wrote:
Are you satisfied with your windows? If not, do not cover the trim. That way
in the future you can replace the window without removing the siding.
If you are OK with your windows, do what ever looks best.
Good way to see the contractors work, is to ask to look at what they have
already installed.
That way, you man or may not even notice the things you are asking about.
my2cents.

The few examples of this I have seen did not look so good. I could see the
mitre joint in the aluminum. Also, if I get the fascia wrapped, one
contractor said it might not look good because of the size ( 1x10) would
cause some waviness.

IMHO, at least based on the 2 or 3 houses where I have seen it
(including this one), wrapping fascia is a BAD idea. When (not if) water
gets behind the wrap, it will rot the wood out, and maybe even the
rafter tails. If you must wrap, make sure they have weep holes at the
low point, every few feet.

I wonder if Trex or similar would work for fascia boards?

--
aem sends...