Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.home.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.basics
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default Surge / Ground / Lightning

wrote:
In alt.tv.tech.hdtv bud-- wrote:

| The last standards for simulating typical surge waveforms I have seen
| (IEEE) were
| 1.2 us rise time, 50 us duration
| 8 us rise time, 20 us duration
| a ring wave with a frequency about 100kHz.

So now you are saying these figures represent a typical surge waveform,
as opposed to the worst case waveform you said a long time ago.

Still missing - your source that indicates nanosecond rise times and
100MHz spectrum.

What does the "/" mean in that case, anyway? I never got to ask you that
before. Does it mean "divide 1.2 by 50"?

It is standard notation in the surge field. 1.2 us risetime and 50 us
duration

--
bud--