Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default stripped front door today, pics

On May 5, 3:40*pm, Mikepier wrote:
Well, I finally got to strip most of the front door today. I think it
looks more like mahogany than oak.http://picasaweb.google.com/mikerock...ppingFrontDoor

The Rock Miracle stuff did not work as I thought it would. It took a
lot of effort to take off the varnish and stain. I sanded down the
flat parts, but the moldings in the panels are almost impossible to
take off anything. I was thinking maybe paint the inside of the panels
and stain the rest of the door. Any suggestions how to take out the
rest of the varnish? thanks

try a marine or heavy duty stripper, go to a paint store. The work is
in the details, there are tools for stripping wood that are of various
shapes you sharpen with a file for curved areas. Actualy I saw at
maybe menards or HD an electric hand tool with various shape sanding
heads for molding sanding, forget the paint idea.