Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default LCD Monitor problem

The display generated internally is just fine. Only the externally input
display tears. So it can't be "every single cap." I imagine it is
something in the sync input. I'll be checking it out. And like I said, it
is a "saved" monitor. If a quick fix won't do it, back to the dump.

Al

Sure it could, may only be one or two that are bad enough to cause a
malfunction, but it's worth checking the rest. Usually when one of these
surface mount capacitors is bad, the rest are nearly shot too. I usually
replace them all, then the thing is good for years. In a pinch, one can
check the ESR of all of them and replace those that check bad. There's
usually only a dozen or so.