Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Fitting a weatherproof 13A socket

Lobster wrote:
I want to fit an MK Masterseal weatherproof socket for powering garden
tools, and will be ordering it from TLC:
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MK56480.html

This will be conveniently attached to the wall immediately "behind" my
CU, so I can take a spur straight through the wall from the
(RCD-protected) downstairs ring. The cable will enter the socket box
from behind.

I take it this can be done using standard 2.5mm^2 T&E?

In your case, yup - since the cable won't be exposed outside.

Also, without having the socket in my hands it's hard to tell: what
'extras' do I need to buy in terms of grommets/glands etc? I can see
several bits on the TLC site! Or is everything I need provided?

Probably got all you need. To seal the cable entry at the back I would
normally mount them on a splodge of silicone so that any water running
down the wall can not get behind it. You could also use one of the
waterproof plastic glands - although you will need to drill a big enough
hole on the outside of the wall to take the width of the gland.

--
Cheers,

John.