David Dube

Default i need router table plans

I'm actually getting ready to build one... I wanted something cheap and
easy to build... and was wanting something to do to try out my new
dado set... so my only slight suggestion...

- get 2'x2' 3/4 plywood at Lowes (I don't want to buy a whole sheet). $5
- buy I'm thinking 4 2x4s abd build a fram construction... using lap joints
so ultimately the side construction will be flush on both sides (ie
make 2 squares for the sides, then connect them together... $8 ish

So why the latter instead of saw horses... I'm thinking with the frame
construction the way it is, I can always add drawer slides and make
drawers (hadn't done that before... so new learning experience for me...
and I get to use my dado set for the lap joints. ("Honey... I needed
the $150 dado set to build my $15 router table") :-)

Might do something a little more elaborate for a fence... but for
sub $20... I'm thinking a fairly decent/useable router table... I can
always go back and add a lift or t racks or whatever later on...
but this will meet my needs for now... I wanted something simple to
round the edges on some outdoor projects I want to build
in the next couple of weeks...

Dave

Rumpty wrote:
mount a router to a piece of plywood with a hole in the center of it.
flip the plywood over and place it on two sawhorses.
take a square, straight 2x4 and clamp it to the plywood for use as a
fence.

Yup this is the best router table to get going with. To make it easily, go
to the Borg, buy a precut 2X4' piece of 3/4" ply, two saw horse kits and
away you go. 20 Years later you'll still be using this setup.

I just uploaded into ABPF two photos of my router tables built in this
fashion.

--

Rumpty

"Traves W. Coppock" wrote in message

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:39:12 +0100, "j"
Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

anyone got any?

yep
mount a router to a piece of plywood with a hole in the center of it.
flip the plywood over and place it on two sawhorses.
take a square, straight 2x4 and clamp it to the plywood for use as a
fence.

please e-mail them to me at :

i only respond to the group.

Traves

--
David J. Dube' Cisco Systems, Inc.
Phone: (919) 392-6694 7025 Kit Creek Road