Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Cavity Wall Insulation: Materials and Side-effects

"Kostas Kavoussanakis" wrote in message
. rq.np.hx...

I read some recent articles on the newsgroup about cavity wall insulation.
It is not hard to buy the argument for it, esp. at a reduced price, as
subsidised by energy companies.

However, I tried to do some research and came across a claim that it can
cause dampness and also that the mineral-wool product is inferior and
actually the cause of damp:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/...29/pask129.xml

What do folks think and what is your experience?

Thanks!

Kostas

We had mineral wool injected into our cavity walls many years ago. There has
been no damp but the comfort of the house was immediate.

Damp isn't absorbed by mineral wool but there shouldn't be damp in the
cavity.

Mary