Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.rural
Telstra[_2_] Telstra[_2_] is offline

Default No Gas-No Electric Weed Whacker

DUCKS ARE GREAT FOR SNAILS AND PRODUCE A
MAGIC FERTILIZER
wrote in message
No Gas-No Electric Weed Whacker & Other Lawn Care Machines.

I've been trying to find ways to avoid using gas for anything except
the absolutely necessary driving I have to do. One area where I am
looking to save is to avoid using gas for all lawn care. Last summer
I replaced the lawn mower with a Shetland pony. Not only did I save
on gas, but I eliminated a noisy lawn mower. Well, ok, what I saved
on gas, I spent on hay to feed her during the winter, but I have to
consider the fact that she also added fertilizer to my lawn. Then
too, her companionship is priceless, and well worth the times I
stepped in a pile of her fertilizer when walking barefoot on the lawn.

This year I decided it was time to get rid of the weed whacker and
replace it with something that does not need costly gas or
electricity. I was sitting on my lawn chair talking to the pony when
I noticed our female cat tucked down in some tall grass around our
power pole. Her tail was swishing quickly as I noticed a stray
tom-cat approaching. The closer he got, the faster her tail swished.
That's when a lightbulb went on my my head. I immediately went to the
house, grabbed a foot of weed whacker string and some duct tape, and
taped the string to her tail. Sure enough, instant weed whacker,
needing no gas or electricity. Now, if only I could get that tail to
speed up to around 3600 RPM....... Maybe a larger tom-cat????

* Future plans include:
Pet powered rotatiller
Pet powered chainsaw
Pet powered snowblower