Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dchou4u@hotmail.com is offline

Default 8-gauge low voltage wire

Hello everyone, thanks for all your input and thoughts.

Here is my layout under the new relocated arrangement. I have a 600W
Malibu transformer and I will run 2 cables from it. Below is the
layout for each run.

Here is the 1st run:

15' 4'
4' 4' 8'
26' 8'
600W Xformer ----------- 20W ------------- 20W ------------ 20W
------------ 7W ----------------- 20W ---------- 20W --------7W

| |
#16 | 6'
4'| #16 2' | #16

| | |
7W
50W 7W

(*) #10 gauge wire on the main trunk up to this point.

Here is the 2nd run:

30' 10'
2' 8' 3'
4' 3'
600W Xformer ------------- -------------- 20W ------------- 20W
-------------- 50W ------------ 20W -------- 20W ---------20W
#10 #12 after this
point |

| 8' 4'

Please advise if I need to go with #8 gauge wire, or will a normal #12
gauge work just fine. Someone said that I could not even get the
Malibu wire connectors to work with the #8 gauge wires since the
sheathing may be too thick and the wire just too big. So I am hoping I
can either work with the #12 or the #10.

Thanks again