Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LCD Monitor problem

On May 4, 3:42*pm, Wiebe Cazemier wrote:
On Sunday 04 May 2008 23:27, Al wrote:

OK, I'll do the check with the 'scope. And the time of the start of the
tearing does vary with the interval between startups; something must be
temperature sensitive.

That does not rule out capacitor based problems. I've repaired several
mainboards which had leaky capacitors, which worked fine as soon as they were
warm. It's the opposite to what you're experiencing, but it illustrates that
caps are temperature senstive.

If this is a crt monitor, there could be a high-voltage arc that is
not high enough to be seen or heard, but is generating "noise" that is
being picked up by some other circuit. A scope would be invaluable.