Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Trepanning and Parting Off - Loose Gibs Chatter Chips

Joseph Gwinn wrote:

How much did Clausing charge you for the gib?

$174.23 each. Clausing has it well-calibrated. It's a lot for that
little piece of cast iron, but it would take me at least that much
trouble to make one, absent the surface grinder.

Damn! The delrin af bushings I bought from them seem like such a deal in
comparison. Hopefully, next weekend I'll get to moglice the pulley shafts if
I don't have to work at work, or work on my moms house.

http://wess.freeshell.org/clausing/A...moglice_on.jpg

I guess I need to rotate it for up to 4 hours. I have two drive sheaves
coupled together using the mandrils I'll be using to turn them down between
a collet and a tailstock center.

I'm glad you are making progress. Having a real working American chunk of
iron at the end, will be sweet for both of us.

Wes