Posted to alt.home.repair
CP[_2_] CP[_2_] is offline

Default Kitchen Sink always backs up!

Hello James,
Here's my suggestion because plumbing is my worst skill.
I'd had the same problem including the wife on my ass.
I called a plumber and not one of those huge company's and had it taken
care.
I paid the $150 and had the lines cleared and my problems all went away and
have not returned.
FYI: I didn't have to replace any plumbing or the garbage displosal.
Good luck.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

wrote in message
The Wife threatens to call a plumber.
I just had a look under the sink and I have a garbarator on the right
sink with the dishwasher comming into it at the top of the garbarator.
The garbarator has to be used excessively to clear the cloggs and slow
drainage. When the dishwasher is used it envaribly backs up into the
left sink and sometimes into the right. What if I took out the
garbarator altogether? Is there a better plumbing system or size? It
must be clogging at the cleanout, the size is a stantard sink copper
one and 1/2 if my ruler is correct.

There are many possible factors that we can't see. The size of the drain
is right. What we don't know, is there grease buildup? Is there garbage
buildup? Is the pipe pitched properly? Is the disposal partly clogged?

Good practice is to run the disposal before doing the dishes to clear out
any stuff in there and the hot water from the DW will usually keep the
drain lines clear of grease buildup.