Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living
clifto clifto is offline

Default Incandescent that avoids upcoming ban

nospam wrote:
"clifto" wrote in message ...
Jeff wrote:
Can you imagine where we would be if we had not had CAFE standards. If
all the cars had the same fuel efficiency and smog standards that they
had in the 50's and 60's?

The Japanese would have taken over the automobile market.

Oh, wait...

So the same totalitarianism that gave us half-flushed toilets, half-washed
clothing, poison mattresses etc etc is now taking aim at our lightbulbs.

Yeah, pretty much.

This much I'm sure of: as a migraine sufferer CFLs can and often do
trigger them within just a few minutes. See: http://tinyurl.com/6xqbx5.

Doesn't matter. The motivation of the environazis is to impose their will
on the world, not to do anything reasonable. You will suffer and they will
glory in it.

--
"[i]t's not surprising, then, that they get bitter, they cling to guns or
religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant