Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Concrete Steps - how?

On Sun 04 May 2008 02:55:44a, nick hull told us...

In article ,
Wayne Boatwright wrote:

We have a new double-wide ground set manufactured home. At present we
have "temporary" wooden steps to the front and side doors, but I would
like to install concrete steps. The total rise from ground is 14-16
inches, so I'm guessing, as with the wooden steps, it would be 2 steps
at each door, resting on firmly packed earth.

These would essentially be "free standing" steps and, as we are in
Phoenix, I don't think we need to worry about climate changes heaving
the ground.

Any plans/instructions availble for DIY? Pros and cons?

TIA

Since concrete blocks are 8x8x16 it should be EZ to make then from
concrete blocks. I actually use one like that on my porch, stacked
loose and not even cemented together but I recommend you do cement them
together for stability

I'm sure that would work fine, but I don't like the look of concrete
blocks. I want something more finished looking. Thanks for the idea,
though.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Sunday, 05(V)/04(IV)/08(MMVIII)