Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Al Al is offline

Default LCD Monitor problem

I picked up a used Micron AP150T at our town's recycling center. It cost
me nothing, so there is no loss if I can't figure out what's wrong.

When I hook it up to a computer, all works just fine. Then the picture
starts tearing horizontally after a few moments of on time. When I hit
the Function key, the function block pops up and looks perfectly fine
while the picture behind it is tearing.

So I assume that the sync signal from the computer is somehow being lost.
It does the same with two different computers, so the computer output is
not the problem; the computer outputs are fine with other monitors.

Any ideas? Is there a know problem with this unit syncing to the VGA
signal?

Al