Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default The quest for a perfect miter joint

"PCPaul" wrote in message
On Sun, 04 May 2008 08:54:19 -0500, Swingman wrote:

"PCPaul" wrote in message

Soo... how come the 'point' of the ply triangle hasn't got a blade kerf
cut into it? Never been used, or does it just not show up in the
pictures?

Yeah, I just made the sled to hang on the wall of the shop and look
pretty ... art, doncha know..

That's kinda what I figured... ;-)

Or am I missing something about how it should be used?

A better monitor?

Well, in my defence the picture had to be squeezed an awfully long way
down the tubes.

LOL ... that'll indeed make a difference. (actually, if you look closely you
can see the "vanishing magic kerf" in the second picture. It appears to be
hidden by the edge of the plexiglass guard in the first picture. As Leon
said, there is no need to cut much further past the "point", so it's not
like a regular cutoff sled in that respect.)

Don't mind me, I'm just jealous. My 'shop' is a UK-sized one car garage -
about 17'x8'. And it's not all for my sawdust generators either.

BTDT, and in the UK, AAMOF ... (built some of my "just married" furniture in
an 8 x 8 garden shed in Staines, Middx).

Now, I've got about twice that space (18 x 18), which seemed like a luxury
in comparison ... for all of about ten minutes. I have plans (depending upon
whether, in retirement, one prefers eating to having a bigger shop.) to
build a 20 x 36 shop. I'm sure it won't take long to make even that seem
inadequate.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 3/27/08