Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Schwab Bill Schwab is offline

Default D1-4 pin installation

Nick,

Bill Schwab wrote:

Unless the Chinese part of the instructions with my 4-jaw tells how to
mount the pins, I am w/o specifications. What is the correct way
(height at which, number of turns, etc.) to mount them?

The CamLock pin should have a groove near the end of the thread. screw in
until the groove is flush with the chucks back +/- one turn.

Pretty sure I got it, and at least one of them looks a little deep,
consistent with a slightly short turn on the cam. I should be able to
get it right now.

The lock on the spindle nose has to be tight within 90° to 180° of rotation.
Adjust pin on the chuck accordingly.

Got it.

Thanks!

Bill