Posted to alt.home.repair
Nick Hull Nick Hull is offline

Default Concrete Steps - how?

In article ,
Wayne Boatwright wrote:

We have a new double-wide ground set manufactured home. At present we have
"temporary" wooden steps to the front and side doors, but I would like to
install concrete steps. The total rise from ground is 14-16 inches, so I'm
guessing, as with the wooden steps, it would be 2 steps at each door, resting
on firmly packed earth.

These would essentially be "free standing" steps and, as we are in Phoenix, I
don't think we need to worry about climate changes heaving the ground.

Any plans/instructions availble for DIY? Pros and cons?

TIA

Since concrete blocks are 8x8x16 it should be EZ to make then from
concrete blocks. I actually use one like that on my porch, stacked
loose and not even cemented together but I recommend you do cement them
together for stability