Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob AZ Bob  AZ is offline

Default D1-4 pin installation

Unless the Chinese part of the instructions with my 4-jaw tells how to
mount the pins, I am w/o specifications. �What is the correct way
(height at which, number of turns, etc.) to mount them?

Thanks,
Bill

Bill

The instructions go something like this.

When attaching the chuck to the spindle, the cams/tighteners should
turn about 135 degrees. At least mine do. There are some marks on the
spindle for this. If they don't turn far enough the corresponding pin
is into the chuck backing plate too far. Turn more than half a turn
the pin is not into the backing plate far enough. Adjust accordingly.
Everything does need to be clean.

I would think there are instructions on the Enco site for this.

Bob AZ